Bourbon Street PoBoys2013-01-06
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1 pound beef, cooked and thinly sliced
- 4 hero rolls
Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until flour browns, about 4 minutes.
Add onion and bell pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes; gradually stir in broth. Add Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and thyme; stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
Cut a thin slice from top of each roll, and scoop out soft insides. Arrange meat on each roll. Spoon gravy over meat and replace tops on rolls.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe