Cajun Brownie Cake2013-01-06
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup solid Crisco shortening
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Sift together sugar, flour and salt.
In a saucepan, bring to a boil margarine, water, Crisco and cocoa powder. Add to the flour mixture.
Add baking soda/buttermilk mixture. Add eggs. Mix all together Pour into greased and floured jellyroll pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, until a wooden pick comes out clean.
Put butter in a medium-size mixing bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients except chopped nuts. Fold in nuts. Pour over hot brownie base. Cut into squares when cool.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe