- 1 six lb boneless pork butt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 15-20 garlic slivers
Cut about 15-20 one inch deep slits in pork butt. Push a garlic sliver in each slit. Put 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes on top of garlic in each slit. Pinch slit closed.
Mix brown sugar, black pepper, Tony's seasoning, and mustard in a bowl mixing well. Rub mixture over pork butt. Add additional red pepper flakes to pork butt by sprinkling. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Smoke pork butt in smoker for one hour per pound or until internal temperature is 190F or greater.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe