Cajun Chicken Lasagna2013-01-06
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 pound andouille sausage, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 (10 ounce) containers Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Cook pasta in a large kettle of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine sausage, chicken, Cajun seasoning and sage. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Remove meat from skillet with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
Saute onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in cooked meat and one container Alfredo sauce.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover bottom with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with 1/2 of the meat mixture. Repeat layers, and cover with a layer of noodles. Spread remaining Alfredo sauce over top. Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe