Cajun Chicken Spaghetti2013-01-06
- 1 pound butter or margarine divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chopped onion, divided
- 7 tablespoons Cajun seasonings, divided
- 5 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken base
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 10 chicken breast halves, skinned, deboned and cut into bite-size pieces
Melt half the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the garlic and 2 cups of the onion and saut? 5 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoon of the Cajun seasonings and simmer 10 minutes.
Add the water, chicken base, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce and simmer 6 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and add the sugar and 2 more cups of the onions. Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Coat chicken pieces with remaining Cajun seasonings. Melt remaining butter/margarine, add the rest of the onions and saut? 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until tender.
Stir chicken into sauce and serve over pasta (hot cooked spaghetti or linguine).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe