- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, minced
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun/Creole shellfish seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Paprika, for color
- Clam shells
Mince onion, green pepper and celery; set aside.
Melt butter over high heat in frying pan.
Add vegetables and saute until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir periodically with a wooden spoon.
Add clams, including broth, and stir.
Season with Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning and onion powder.
Taste, adding salt and pepper or more Cajun seasoning as desired.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
Add Italian bread crumbs.
Place in clam shells or shells purchased in a gourmet store.
Add paprika for color.
Place under broiler 5 minutes or until browned.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe