- 1 pound dry fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 12 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound frozen cooked and peeled crawfish tails, thawed and drained, or peeled and deveined shrimp, or chicken
- 2 cups whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dry sherry, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook according to package directions.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine over medium high heat in a large skillet.
Add the green onions, mushrooms and red bell pepper strips and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and 2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasonings and saute 3 minutes more.
Add the cream or half-and-half, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
Stir in the sherry and Parmesan and keep warm.
In another skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
Add the crawfish tails and remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and heat through. (If using shrimp, saute until shrimp are no longer pink.)
Add to the sauce and pour over the pasta.
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe