Cajun Grilled Cheese Sandwiches2013-01-06
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 6 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices Muenster cheese
- 2 links andouille sausage, grilled, each link cut into quarters and split lengthwise
Spread 2 tablespoons butter on one side of four slices of bread. Spread pepper jelly on one side of the remaining slices of bread. On the slices of bread with pepper jelly, place two slices of pepper jack cheese and two pieces of grilled andouille sausage. Cover the andouille sausage with two slices of Muenster cheese and top with the remaining slices of bread, butter-side out.
Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place sandwiches, butter-side down, in the skillet and spread the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over the tops of the sandwiches. Cook sandwiches, in batches if necessary, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and the cheeses are melted.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe