- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound Velveeta, cubed
- 2 pounds cooked crawfish meat, shrimp and/or crabmeat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 pistolettes (football-shaped brown 'n' serve rolls)
- Vegetable oil or shortening for frying
Sauté onions, bell pepper, celery, green onions and garlic in butter over medium heat until translucent.
Add evaporated milk, Velveeta, water, seafood and seasoning. Cook on low until just heated through. Cover and keep warm.
Fill a deep frying pan with vegetable oil about halfway. Heat oil. Fry pistolettes until they are browned, turning if necessary.
While still hot, holding fried pistolette in a potholder, make a slit in one end. Stick a spoon inside and twirl it around to make some room inside the roll.
Using a spoon, stuff with seafood mixture. Eat immediately.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe