Cajun Rotelle and Red Beans2013-01-06
- 1 pound rotelle pasta, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Fill a pot three-quarters full of water; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. After pasta has been cooking for 3 minutes, remove 1 cup cooking water; reserve.
In frying pan over high heat, bring reserved water, onion, pepper, carrots, seasoning, cumin and cayenne pepper to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-high, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in remaining ingredients.
Drain pasta; add to beans and toss.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe