Cajun Squash Casserole2013-01-06
- 4 yellow squash, sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped coarsely
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- White Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter
Melt butter in a skillet.
Layer one-third squash, tomato, onion and bell pepper. Add seasoning to each layer. Make two more layers with remaining vegetables seasoning each.
Simmer covered for about 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Drain excess juices and add ingredients for white sauce mixing well.
Top with grated cheddar and bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe