City Cafe Spaghetti Sauce2013-01-06
Most small Louisiana towns have their “City Cafe.” This is the recipe from the City Cafe in Plaquemine, Louisiana.
- 1 pound white onions, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cluster garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans tomato paste
- 3 cans tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 heaping tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In hot olive oil in a cast iron pot, saute onions, celery and garlic.
Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer at least one hour.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe