- 4 cups boiled rice
- 1/2 pound raw or boiled ham
- 1/2 pound small sliced sausages
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dry onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can tomato paste or canned tomatoes
Boil 2 cups dry rice and have it cooling.
In a large cast iron skillet melt 2 tablespoons bacon grease or lard.
Saute chopped onions until edges begin to brown.
Add tomato paste or canned tomatoes, chopped green peppers, sausage and ham.
Fry, stirring constantly, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the boiled rice, turn heat down and cook slowly for about an hour, stirring every now and then.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe