Louisiana Potato Salad2013-01-06
- 5 medium-size red potatoes, cooked in skins until tender
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease (hot)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles (sweet or dill)
- 1/2 pimento
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
Mix potatoes, celery, onion, pickles and pimento in a bowl.
Crumble bacon in and mix.
Add mayonnaise and mustard; you may want to add more or less, depending on taste.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Add hot bacon grease.
This can be served hot or cold.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe