Louisiana Red Beans and Rice2013-01-06
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups cooked rice
In a 4-quart pot, combine the beans, 2 cups of the water, onions, sweet peppers, parsley, garlic, chile peppers, pepper flakes, ground red pepper, bay leaves, thyme and basil.
Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the bay leaves from the bean mixture and discard them.
Serve the beans over the rice.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe