Pan Fried Louisiana Crab Cakes2013-01-06
- 1 extra-large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 or 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
- 3 or 4 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups corn or peanut oil
Combine egg, mayonnaise and seasonings.
Add crabmeat and enough bread crumbs to absorb excess moisture.
Stir to blend well.
Mixture should be firm enough to hold together. Adjust seasoning as desired.
Form crabmeat mixture into 8 patties. Place on wax paper for about 20 minutes to dry slightly.
Pour oil into skillet to a depth of 1/2 inch and heat to 350 degrees F.
Fry crab cakes for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides. Do not crowd pan.
Fry in several batches, if necessary.
Drain on paper towel.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe