- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white cornmeal
- 2/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound boiled shrimp, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Pastry: Mix together the flour, cornmeal and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the shortening. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, blend the shortening into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the milk and mix together until the mixture leaves the sides of the bowl and forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and fit into a regular-size quiche pan or four small quiche pans.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Distribute the shrimp evenly over the bottom of the quiche pastry. Arrange the cheese evenly over the shrimp.
Combine the cream, flour, eggs, cayenne, black pepper and salt and mix well. Pour over the cheese and shrimp. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe