Spicy Cajun Kabobs2013-01-06
- 1 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 ounces fully cooked smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dash freshly ground white pepper
Preheat gas grill for 10 minutes or light charcoal and allow to burn down to a gray ash on top. Soak 12-inch bamboo skewers in water.
Remove fat from chicken and cut diagonally into 1/2 x 2-inch strips. Slice thicker areas in half horizontally so strips are uniform in thickness. Cut sausage into 1-inch chunks.
In small saucepan, heat olive oil, chili powder, thyme, cayenne, garlic and white pepper over very low heat about 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Cool slightly.
Dip chicken and sausage pieces into spice mixture. Thread, alternating chicken and sausage onto skewers. Grill over medium heat about 8 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe